Thursday, May 8, 2008

The Combo of a Lifetime



We've all waited a very long time for this. Personally, I didn't think it was possible...and from a graphic designer nonetheless. Darryl Narain of Skinnz ink has done the unthinkable. He could've gone with any shitty free font the internet had to offer, but he chose the two zaniest default fonts his computer had to offer. Papyrus AND Comic Sans. And the icing on the cake is that awesome bevel applied to the company name. This should be the shining Golden Rule of Graphic Design: If a designer's card resembles this in ANY way - find someone else. And "Creative Director"? Really? Why do I have a sneaking suspicion that nobody else but Darryl works at Skinnz ink? It should also be noted that Darryl's card was in a Wild Wing card dispensing machine in Whitby, Ontario. Just to put this whole thing in perspective.

Side note: Really loving that arcing shark fin thing. It draws my eye to....? The side of the card? The card beside his? What the fuck?

1 comment:

Sammy said...

I can't even believe this. I am going to google this dude right now. I need to see some of these illustration skillz!